So we’ve been home for just over 2 months now and it has taken time to adjust. We still haven’t finished writing blogs as life has taken over, however, we thought we’d write a reflection of our trip and how it has changed us.
Travelling wasn’t our only highlight of 2018, here are just a few others:
- Taking Grandma for Unicorn Milkshakes
- Snow days off school
- Sophie starting Rainbows
- Molly starting her new school
- Kayaking in Aberdaron, Leamington Spa and New Zealand
- Sarah climbing Snowdon
- Dave & Sarah celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary
- Camping in Wales with friends
- Having a relaxed family Christmas
This time of year is always a bit crazy with Christmas, Molly’s birthday and not long into the new year Sophie’s birthday. However, it is generally a time when we really get to focus on time together as a family as we are very clear about time away from technology during this period.
Our trip showed us all how important quality family time is and how little possessions we actually need to live day to day. Our presents have reflected this and rather than having a house full of new toys we have focussed on board games, books and adventures for Christmas and Birthday’s this year.
Being able to record these adventures to look back on and reminisce is also important to us, so as we go into 2019, we are going to keep this blog going and use it to record all of our adventures as well as sharing our reviews and top tips on places we visit and experiences we have.
Here are just a few of the things we have planned for 2019:
- A trip to Whitby – the first time for all the girls
- Splash Landings – Molly’s Christmas present choice
- Thomas Land at Drayton Manor – Sophie’s Christmas present choice
- Gigs to see Newton Faulkner, Little Mix and Pete Tong
- WOMAD Festival
- Camping in North Wales
- Lots of walking in our local area – we started this with a lovely Boxing Day walk to Dale Abbey and the Hermits Cave – more to come on that one.
We hope that those who follow our blog will enjoy these updates and continue to follow us as we have a UK based year in 2019.
We will also be planning to travel more in the next few years, return to some of our favourite destinations and visit new ones.